Safari LTD | Mythical Realms ~ BABY PEGASUS
The original Pegasus sprung from the body of Medusa and was a child of Poseidon. It carried heroes like Perseus and Bellerophon on their impossible quests. However, this magical horse was just the first in the line of Pegasi, and one of several species of flying horses. Still, Pegasi are extraordinarily rare, with only one breeding pair alive at a time, and baby Pegasi are even rarer.
The baby Pegasus flapped its wings in delight. It loved this story! Its father continued in a quiet, deep voice to tell of the first Pegasus, the famous flying horse that helped defeat the Chimera and flew to Mt. Olympus. The young Pegasus whinnied, wondering whether such a flight was still possible. Its father told of how the first Pegasus eventually became a constellation, gaining a place among the stars for eternity. Again, the young Pegasus curled its wings in delight. Oh, to be so adventurous. The father continued to tell of daring adventures, all while the baby dropped its head lower, its eyes getting heavier and heavier. Finally, the father sang a quiet song. It was a song of joy, of loss, of adventure. And when it was over, the baby Pegasus was fast asleep, a smile still evident across its face.
Like any baby horse, a newborn Pegasus has very long legs and can walk just a few moments after birth. In the case of Pegasus, the babies can also fly just hours after birth. The line of Pegasi is full of adventurous winged horses, many of them bright white.
- Scientific Name: Pegasus infans
- Characteristics: This Pegasus baby looks ready to lift off, with its small wings spread and its long legs bent. The gorgeous figure is ready for adventure.
- Size and Color: Colored in classic Pegasus white with just a little darkness on the hooves, muzzle and eyes, this figure is 4 inches long and 5 inches wide from wing to wing. That makes it about the size of a DVD.
- The Baby Pegasus is part of the Fantasy Mythical Realms® collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free