Safari LTD | Mythical Realms ~ LEVIATHAN
Though Leviathan is described very differently across various sources, it is always described as very large and very powerful. It is referred to as a dragon and a sea serpent, and it is said that it will be killed at the end of time, drawing a parallel to the Midgard Serpent of Norse mythology.
Many scholars have tried to find a real world creature that is analogous to Leviathan, much like the Behemoth’s description may have referred to a hippopotamus or dinosaur. Some believe Leviathan to be a whale, while others think a crocodile more accurately fits the description given in texts. The Safari Ltd Leviathan plays up the fantastic angle, combining traits of many different sea creatures.
The Leviathan is a mysterious mythical monster of the sea, the marine counterpart to the great land beast Behemoth. One of the oldest and most powerful creatures in the sea, the Leviathan is mentioned in many ancient texts including the Book of Job and the Talmud.
- Scientific Name: Leviathan
- Characteristics: This fearsome sea serpent is depicted rearing up and coiling its body, ready to strike. This hand-painted figurine is packed with detail, from its four-eyed, squid-like face with twirling tentacles and menacing beak, to the arrow-like tip of its tail. The Leviathan would fit right in on any shelf of fantastical creature figures, or facing off against adventurers in a tabletop or role-playing game setting.
- Size and Color: The Leviathan figure is over 4 inches wide, and 5 ½ inches tall to the top of its uppermost tentacles. It’s about the size of a large ceramic mug…not as big as the real deal, but an imposing figure nonetheless! The creature’s scales are a pearly steel blue with a shiny electric blue underside. Its fins are grass green, with light green webbing. Its eyes and the inside of its mouth are reddish pink, while its beak is a glossy black. The suckers on its tentacles are a pale peach color.
- The Leviathan is part of the Mythical Realms® collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.