Safari LTD | Safari Farm ~ TEXAS LONGHORN BULL
Texas Longhorns are one of the oldest breeds of cattle in the Americas, brought by Spanish colonists including Christopher Colombus. Their ancestors were a genetic hybrid of the European (taurine) and Indian (zebu) breeds of cattle. After they were brought to the Americas, many of these cattle were turned loose and remained feral for two centuries, leading them to become extremely well adapted to a wide range of environments. This resulted in the hardy, tough breed we know today.
Texas Longhorns are easily recognizable by their namesake horns. The span between them can reach almost seven feet wide! Longhorns are highly desirable for their resistance to disease and ability to survive in difficult conditions such as droughts.
- Scientific Name: Bos taurus
- Characteristics: This life-like, hand-painted Texas Longhorn Bull figure features the massive horns that give the breed its name. Longhorns are quite variable in color, and this black-and-white coated figure reflects one of the many common types.
- Size and Color: At 5 ½ inches long and 3 inches tall, this Texas Longhorn figure is about the size of a standard index card. The figure features an updated coloration, with a black and white mottled coat, cream colored horns with black tips, brown hooves, and a pinkish gray nose.
- The Texas Longhorn Bull is part of the Safari Farm collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.