Safari LTD | Safari Farm ~ Watusi Bull
Watusi are a breed of Sanga cattle, the indigenous cattle of Africa below the Sahara Desert. They are known for their very large horns, which are not just long but also thick, with the largest circumference of any cattle breed.
- Scientific Name: Bos taurus
- Characteristics: This hand-painted, highly detailed Watusi Bull figure has some serious horns. Its looking slightly to the left as it lazily goes about its business.
- Size and Color: The Watusi Bull figure is just over 6 inches long and around 3 ½ inches tall. It’s about the size of a slice of bread. Its body is reddish brown, with cream-colored nose and feet. Its hooves are gray and its horns are an off-white with gray accents.
- The Watusi Bull is part of the Safari Farm collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
The Watusi cattle, also called Ankole Watusi, are a breed of Sanga cattle, African cows that are seen in Ancient Egyptian murals. The word “Watusi” is derived from the Tutsis, an East African tribe that historically raised Watusi cattle. The cattle are rarely used for meat; instead, the tribespeople make a yogurt-like mixture from the cow’s milk and small amounts of blood that is a staple of their diet.
Watusi cattle arrived in North America in the 1960s and are considered something of an oddity. They are often seen in zoos and exotic animal exhibits.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 14.6 L x 8.25 W x 9.52 H
- Size in inches: 5.75 L x 3.25 W x 3.75 H
- UPC: 095866003784