Safari LTD | Wild Safari North American Wildlife ~ ARCTIC HARE
Mainly distributed throughout the tundras of Greenland and northern Canada, the Arctic hare survives by eating woody plants, mosses, and lichens, which they must dig through the snow to find during the challenging winter months. Classified as “least concern” on the conversation status spectrum, the Arctic hare is densely populated and in no immediate threat of a population decline. If you decide to take this hare home, you might need to crank up the air conditioner so it doesn’t feel too out of place!
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 6.25 L x 5 H
- Size in inches: 2.46 L x 1.97 H
Adapted to live in the cold and harsh conditions of the polar regions, the Arctic hare has developed an extremely thick coat and a high body fat percentage to help it stay warm. It is also exceptionally fast to avoid predators, reaching speeds of up to 40 mph (60 km/h)!
- Scientific Name: Lepus arcticus
- Characteristics: Since the Arctic hare is skittish and lightning quick, our figurine is certainly the easiest way to see it up close! Hand-painted and sculpted by experts, Safari wildlife models give amazing and accurate insight into all of the different and unique creatures on planet Earth.
- Size and Color: In order to blend into its surroundings and to avoid detection by predators, Arctic hares are almost entirely paper white during the winter. They then darken to blend in with rocks and vegetation once spring arrives. Measuring 2.5 inches long and 2 inches tall, both dimensions of this figurine are roughly the same as the length of a stick of lip balm.
- The Arctic Hare is part of the Wild Safari® North American Wildlife collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free