About 71% of planet Earth is covered in water. Of that water, over 95% of it is in the oceans. That makes ocean conservation and the health of the world’s oceans awfully important. The world’s approach to ocean conservation is a patchwork plan. It includes managed fisheries, protected areas, ocean sanctuaries, and regulations regarding trawling, drilling, and development. One fascinating, potentially game-changing area of ocean conservation is resilience science, which studies how ecosystems respond to or resist disturbances. Scientists in this field recognize that it’s not enough to focus on a particular species or a certain threat. Instead, they try to understand how an entire ecosystem works, how diversity strengthens that ecosystem, and how the ecosystem responds to threats and changes. Different species respond to the same threats in vastly different ways, so these scientists hope to learn more about what makes certain members of ecosystems more resilient, recognizing that change is inevitable.
- Recommended Age: 5+
- Size in cm: 9.5 L x 10.16 H
- Size in inches: 3.74 L x 4.0 H
- 8 Pieces Per Bag. Contents Cannot Be Purchased Individually.
- The Sea Life Fun Pack contains several tidal zone dwellers and some deep sea inhabitants. The colorful set includes a Humpback Whale, Jellyfish, Manta Ray, Hermit Crab, Manatee, Octopus, Sea Horse, and Green Sea Turtle.
Characteristics: From the tiny Sea Horse to the massive Humpback Whale, this Sea Life Fun Pack is full of variety. Use it for an undersea diorama or share it with children during a beach or ocean vacation.
Size and Color: The Fun Pack bag itself measures about 4 inches square, while the Sea Life mini figures are a little larger than plump blueberries.
- The Sea Life Fun Pack is part of the Good Luck Minis® Fun Packs collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free