Safari LTD | Wings of the World Birds ~ KOOKABURRA
Because of its distinctive call, sound clips of the kookaburra have been used in popular media outlets, including films, television shows, and jungle-themed theme park rides, to simulate “jungle” noises. This kookaburra figurine is so amazingly life-like that when you take it home, it might just let out a few calls of its own!
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 7.5 L x 3.25 H
- Size in inches: 2.95 L x 1.28 H
Native to Australia and New Guinea, the kookaburra was named after its unique call, the sound of which is actually onomatopoeic with its name. Its call had been said to sound like human laughter, and there’s even a species known as the laughing kookaburra as a result.
- Scientific Name: Dacelo novaeguineae
- Characteristics:You might not think it looking at this little bird, but it can let out quite a call! Hand-painted and meticulously researched to assure true-to-life accuracy, all Safari wildlife figurines are exceptional as educational tools, gifts, additions to a collection, or as toys for creative play.
- Size and Color: The different kookaburra subspecies all have fairly distinct plumage, with this figurine depicting the white chest feathers, brown and white spotted wings, and striped head common to the laughing kookaburra. 3 inches long and 1.25 inches tall, this figurine is about as long as but a bit shorter than a deck of cards stood on its side.
- The Kookaburra is part of the Wings of the World Birds collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free