Safari LTD | Mythical Realms ~ SATYR
Satyrs are devoted to the pursuit of pleasure, and are often depicted dancing to pipe music, often alongside wood nymphs. The Greek god Pan (whose Roman equivalent was Faunus) is often depicted as a satyr. Pan is the god of wilderness and rustic music. He is often seen with a special flute made of reeds arranged according to size. It is said that after Pan pursued the nymph Syrinx, her sisters transformed her into a reed to hide her. Pan could not figure out which reed was Syrinx, so decided to take a bit of each reed to create his flute, which today is known commonly as a Pan flute.
Satyrs are mischievous forest creatures of Greek mythology with the upper body of a man and the lower body and horns of a goat. The roman equivalent is the faun. Both are known for their habit of playing a pipe or flute.
- Scientific Name: Saturos faunos
- Characteristics: With a sly grin on its face and a glint in its eyes, this satyr is ready for mischief making. His long curved horns, large hooves, and pipe are all trademark features of this mythological half man, half beast. This hand-painted satyr figure is looking to cause some trouble.
- Size and Color: The satyr is 4 ¼ inches high and 2 ¾ inches long, making it a little shorter than a soda can.
- The Satyr is part of the Mythical Realms® collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.